In 1999, Quebecor created the PIERRE-PÉLADEAU BURSARIES, thus named in the memory of the company’s founder, a man known for his vision and entrepreneurial drive who inspired generations of Quebecers. Faithful to the values and ideals of its founder, Quebecor wants to support students who deserve financial backing by virtue of their talent, hard work and creativity.
The Pierre Péladeau Bursaries, with a value of $50,000, $30,000 and $20,000, help young entrepreneurs start up a business, carry out their business plan, and develop their products and markets, regardless of their field of study or the nature of their business endeavour.
Objective: To help Québec university students start businesses by awarding bursaries for the best projects.
Amount: Quebecor Inc. awards three bursaries worth $50,000, $30,000 and $20,000 each year.
- All students enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Québec university are eligible.
- The students involved in the project must all be under 35 years of age.
- The majority of the participants in the project must be students and the project must be led by students.
- Each student must attach to the application proof of registration for the winter 2013 session, bearing the seal of the registrar's office.
Applicants must submit an executive summary of a description of a new business located in Québec to their university by February 1, 2013 (see list of university contacts below). The business must not have been in operation for more than one year prior to that date.
The executive summary should be no more than 6 pages long and should include:
- brief résumés and full contact info for each student;
- a short list of the company's activities (goods or services);
- the company's history and accomplishments to date, if applicable;
- marketing plan and sequence of activities;
- success factors and risks in the company's line of business;
- financial forecasts for the first three years;
- statement of sources and use of funds for the first three years.
Attention! Applications that fail to meet these criteria will not be considered.
École de technologie supérieure
École nationale d'administration publique
École Polytechnique de Montréal
Institut national de la recherche scientifique
Université de Montréal
Université de Sherbrooke
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
Université du Québec à Montréal
Université du Québec à Rimouski
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
Université du Québec en Outaouais